These were such a beautiful mistake.
I’ve been getting into home made nut butters, and tried making a hazelnut chocolate spread. I was a little too keen and didn’t do any prior research, I just went for it. Big mistake. Instead of a creamy, smooth spread, I created a monstrous sticky, gluggy mess. But it tasted absolutely beautiful, and kind of like brownies. I’ve previously made peanut butter brownies that have a similar base, it was only missing the eggs. So I added eggs, some chopped chocolate, put it in the oven and crossed my fingers. What resulted was ridiculously delicious.
200g roasted hazelnuts
2 tbsp cocoa (or to taste)
1/4 cup melted butter1 tbsp sweetenerA pinch of salt
1/4 cup chopped low sugar/sugar free/dark chocolate
1. Grease a baking pan and preheat your oven to 175°C/350°F
2. Whiz the hazelnuts in a food processor until they form a smooth paste/butter
3. Add the cocoa, eggs, butter, sweetener and salt and continue mixing until everything is combined
4. Stir in the chopped chocolate
5. Pour into your baking dish, put in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cooked. leave to cool, slice and enjoy.
I should warn you, these are pretty addictive.